Everyone loves a great story. It’s the happy ending that generates box office hits and best-selling novels. The anticipation that good is coming. Well, for the Intermountain communities of Big Valley, Burney, Fall River, and McArthur that’s exactly what happened. What began as a usual Chamber meeting last Tuesday morning soon turned into the power of community and goodwill.
That morning the Burney Chamber of Commerce reminded members they had set aside $5,000 raised from successful fundraising during 2015 to be used for a project.Upon hearing this, one individual at the meeting had the notion of bringing two local health care organizations, Mayers Memorial Hospital and Mountain Valleys Health Centers together to provide matching funds. Within 24 hours both CEO’s Louis Ward of Mayers Memorial Hospital and Dave Jones of Mountain Valleys Health Centers were enthusiastic in supporting their local communities. This brought the funding up from $5,000.00 to $10,000.00. With the additional funding Burney Chamber of Commerce members will be extending the deadline for the business project to February 25, 2016.
If you would like to provide matching funds or give a donation please contact Anne Kerns at 530-335-2111 or email at email@example.com.
If you would like to submit a project idea, please provide the following:
- Describe what your project is and how you see it being of benefit the entire business community.
- Give the Burney Chamber of Commerce an estimate of the cost ($10,000.00 or less).
- How do you see your project being put into practice?
- Is there a way to measure the effectiveness of this project? If there is, please describe the method of measurement.
- Get it to the Burney Chamber office by February 25, 2016.
To find out more about the Burney Chamber of Commerce and Mayers Memorial Hospital please visit them at www.burneychamber.com andwww.mayersmemorial.com.
Or find them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/burney.chamber,www.facebook.com/mayersmemorial, and www.facebook.com/MVHCenters.